Friday, December 1, 2017

"You got a friend in me "

Last night I went to bed with a feeling of satisfaction in my heart. The feeling when you know you made a difference, even a tiny one, a simple one. When you have done something and you SEE the result.

I have been writing about our life for few years. It is painful and depressing many a times but rewarding at the same time. Even one comment from someone who felt it was their story, someone felt close, someone else felt they are not alone, most importantly someone felt the hardship in their life is not end of the world. When my boys were young “you got a friend in me” from toy story was their favorite. This song still is my mantra, I think I can be myself because I am very fortunate to have people who get me. Ashish has been my best friend forever, Ajey became my another to go person when I need some light to see things differently and Anand has inspired me to be a better person, always. Other than these three men in my life there are some unsung heroes who hold me tight, they have their ways of saying they got me no matter what. My parents and sisters are my other pillar of strengths. I think I am optimist because I have these rays of sunshine in my life, always believed everyone should have some of that.

I have been told that I connect on a different level, never thought it that way. I have always had friends in my life but now when I am a mother I need different level of friendship with different people. Specially with Autism taking over our life in least expected way I think my relationships held me together and made me stronger. And I have been working on spreading joy of having “togo” people in life. Finally its taking shape and I am so happy.

I have been organizing special moms get together, 4 -5 moms would come and we would talk about our life. I was extremely happy that at least they felt like coming out of their shell and shared their world, sometimes a difficult one to stranger me. They opened their heart and life and made me a part of it.

Tonight we are meeting again and I am overwhelmed and over joyed that looks like we will be 25+ in that group. When the plan started a friend and I joked that it might be two of us only. We didn’t expect Moms coming out on a December, cold Friday night. But as days pass by I could feel the excitement. The planning, the place, the location, the ride, the sitter, husbands schedule talk about all these things again proved my point, we so want someone who gets us, listens to us.

I am so excited and want all of them to sing – for each other, for themselves..”you got a friend in me” Amen !!

Below is picture from yesterday, such a rare sight.. Anand agreed to be in picture, a smiley and happy Anand. 

  

6 comments:

  1. You are North Star and we all want to follow you. As you have leadership qualities that uplifts the spirits of people around you... Keep writing and shining like North Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cultivate joy and bring people together. This is such a wonderful picture of Anand. He is looking at you and basking in joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see a happy Anand and obviously a well-connected Jaya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. find a way to improve yourself, well pro activeness is also a good thing.
    Bookkeeper London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always feel different level of friendship with different people.
    Manchester airport parking deals

    ReplyDelete