Sunday, April 8, 2018

A day in State House.

I grew up in a politically corrupt country and had no faith in political system. Always had a burning desire to do something for society but never wanted to be part of political system. By the time, I could take anything seriously we moved out of India. Raising the boys and taking care of household became the course of life, Volunteering was my only way to giving back to community. Last couple of years I realize that I need to do more than what I was doing. Giving back to community couldn’t be only for few hours of volunteering. My involvement should be more than this I figured. Advocacy for our children had to start from home. MFOFC was my first major step and I learnt how much power parents can hold over any system.
Autism Awareness Week brings many topics to surface. We all fight for what is close to our heart but something supporting someone else’s cause can be fulfilling.

I was in State House with Children’s Hospitals team lobbying for some bills. The team was wonderful and it was amazing to see how powerful the persuasion can be. We spent couple fo hours meeting various representatives. The whole experience taught me one thing. We are the voice, voice of our kids and only we can make things possible for them.





1 comment:

  1. Feel better to find that We are the voice, voice of our kids and only we can make things possible for them.
    airport parking Manchester

    ReplyDelete