Sunday, January 29, 2023

How people make you feel and what do you do about it?

 I get to hear lot stories about relationships and friendship and it makes me wonder how things are different with everyone. 

Yesterday I was listening to a friend about the need of “letting go things and people” 

Couple of months ago we were invited for a dinner and a 17 yrs old kid was reading a book. When asked he said it was a very well written romance novel.

I was talking to another friend’s daughter about reading and suggested that she might like that book, she in return suggested I should read that too. I always loved non fiction but I felt like reading this novel for a change and I am so glad that I did.

“It Ends with Us” talks about abusive relationships and domestic violence. The characters are very well written and placed rightly in the story. The love, romance and the pain it comes with it, with or without a troubled relationship, the story has so many folds and in the end it makes you happy, sad and proud.  The story is all about boundaries. 

It made me think where do we stop, draw a line or just keep streching?

I personally believe in Maya Angelou’s philosophy people will never forget how you made them feel.” I think this is very important to have that border. People who dont make you feel loved, valued, respected, appreciated, happy you need to stop making them part of your life.

Would you stop and have a look around and true and acknowledge if your friends make you feel all of the above or not?

A balucheri for a musical meet with people who sure make me feel loved. 

An evening in Cambridge.It was a cloudy gloomy day in Boston but that couldn’t stop me from driving to Cambridge for Harvard Art museum night.A date night with first born, some art, some Ramen and Sake, Taiyaki icecream and walk around Harvard square. Parking right on the Harvard St. I really had a perfect evening.Ajey’s knowledge about art and paintings and history blew me away. I enjoyed knowing, learning from him. My boys sure bring the best and worst out of me. I wish I had a way of not letting them see the "worst of me'




No comments:

Post a Comment