Wednesday, October 18, 2023

A place for solace and closure - Where do you turn to?

 I have been asked many times what comforts me given the scenario in our life. Away from family, just the four of us, with an uncertain future for Anand. When you have a child who doesn't fit society's standards, these questions are very common. And when you bring people together, those same people want to know what makes you who you are.

I grew up in a religious household and practiced religion. Once I got married, my husband's thinking certainly influenced me, and slowly "Karma" became my "Dharma."


I was invited for a Path (Prayers) in a local Gurudwara (a worship place for the Sikh community). I had been there before. For me  the prasad (the food offerings) is always a big plus :) But more than that, I am in awe of the concept of "sewa" in the Gurudwara. Many friends showed up to cook, serve, and even clean. I come back with a feeling of calm and happiness. I'm not sure if it is the path, the place, or something beyond words.


What does religion mean to you? What keeps you going? What works for you to keep your head on your shoulders?

A simple cotton for a perfect fall day. 

My fav sight of the day, mom trying to teach the daughters to keep the head covered.


No comments:

Post a Comment