Sunday, January 21, 2024

What does it feel like to be vulnerable?

Most conversations start with "How are you?" and we often respond in a robotic way, saying that we are fine. But are we truly fine all the time? This question has been bothering me. We tend to hide things from our spouses, families, friends, and colleagues. The fear of judgment makes us very private and lonely.


It takes courage to admit and accept that things are not going the way we hoped, whether it's in terms of work, health, finances, relationships, or anything else. I completely understand not opening up to strangers or colleagues, but what about our families and close friends?

People around us might have solutions for things we cannot see. I learned a long time ago that I cannot do things alone, so I surround myself with smart people who make up for my missing pieces. I admit that I know nothing about many things and reach out for help.


I usually trust that people give advice with a good heart and genuinely want to be there for me and my family. I've always believed in the concept of a village and have built one for us.

What do you do? Do you shut down when you feel alone? Seek help? Reach out to friends and family? Or do you fight your battles alone? 

An Ikat for a musical night. Recited Faiz and Ibn-e-Insha. 





Anand takes the public transport to work - GATRA, Its a pickup on demand service. We never knew that it existed as on demand. I asked for paid drop off/pick up help in our town Facebook page and this was one of the most suggested option. 


No comments:

Post a Comment