Followers

Saturday, October 19, 2024

The complexity of Void, relief and reality - Finding Comfort in Celebrating a Life

A couple of weeks ago, a friend lost her mother. She was in her late 70s and had been suffering for a couple of years. In a way, her passing was a relief for her and those around her.

Even though we all knew it was for the best, goodbyes are still hard. Sometimes, logic just doesn’t make sense. The only thing you feel is the void, not the relief. I feel sad for my friend, but at the same time, I know how tough it has been for her father and her siblings. Caring for loved ones in that condition is difficult for caregivers too. The grief, loss, sadness, comfort, and relief—there’s a very fine line between them sometimes The emotional complexity of loss, where logic and relief intertwine with profound sadness. It’s hard to decipher those emotions or pinpoint exactly what you're feeling in that moment. 


Being there for the "celebration of life" was tough. The daughters spoke about their mother so fondly. She hadn’t been herself for the past few years, but it was the woman she used to be that they remembered. The morning was a reminder that grief, while inevitable, can also be an opportunity to reflect on the full, meaningful life they lived.


I found myself back in time once again. My mother lived a great life and left with grace and dignity. I know that's what she always wanted, but I still feel all sorts of emotions. I tell myself that she’s in a much better place, spending time with her mom, brothers, and friends. That thought comforts me and encourages me to focus on the brighter side.


I loved the idea of celebrating a life rather than mourning a loss. I think we all need that to move on. I wish everyone who is suffering the balance between the void of loss, the relief of a loved one no longer suffering, and the reality of moving forward.


I took out a beautiful Kosa silk saree for a beautiful fall morning.

My mom loved Fall color and I would face time with her everyday while walking.








No comments:

Post a Comment