Another adventure, another train ride, and another story from Anand! This time, he takes us to Fan Expo Boston at the Thomas M. Menino Convention Center for another exciting day. What makes these adventures so special is seeing how confidently Anand continues to expand his world, one trip at a time. Here’s his latest “Open World Expansion Tour” story—straight from the traveler himself!
--------------------------------------------------------
"Next Stop: Thomas M. Menino Convention Center. The Fan Expo Boston is making its way at this iconic convention center. In a way, it's like Boston Comic-Con." — some commuter rail, subway, ferry, or bus announcer
I should be used to this by now. Putting in "Next Stop" every time Anand tells me about a new event happening might sound repetitive, but then again, I can't stop him from attending conventions, concerts, or taking the train to Boston again and again. He's public-transport-independent (that term has stuck to him now), knows the train systems (yet he always tells me he can navigate the train system to shut me up), puts his events on the calendar, and tells me and Mr. Husband about his upcoming events. A month after his concert and night-out in Boston and playing his newest video game, Anand finally attends the Fan Expo Boston in Seaport at the Menino Convention Center. The 7th stop of his "Open World Expansion Tour." I just can't catch a break from this man when he sends me his stories. Maybe I should just take a vacation every time Anand attends another Comic-Con or concert, but on the other hand, I am happy he is opening up his world even more, since these events were his idea.
As always, Anand took the train from Franklin to South Station. Unlike Anime Boston, Anand didn't have to walk very far. Seaport was close by, so he could walk there! Just like the past conventions he attended, Anand knew the lines would be very long and everybody else would be in costume. But what costume would Anand wear? The same Anime costume he wore for Anime Boston and WesternMass Comic Con, of course, but then again, you'd see some people in anime costumes and cosplay at Comic-Con events anyway. Even though getting pics with celebrities were expensive, Anand and I both know that he is still new to Comic-Con, despite this being his 4th convention adventure.
Unlike before, I didn't have to ask Anand to take pics of Comic-Con. As always, he'd be hesitant, worried that some would say no, but everything went well for him. Since a large majority of people would be in cosplay and costumes, they'd be willing to get pictures. Surprisingly enough, Anand was able to eat at Fenway Wahlburgers. Unfortunately, the Green Line was unavailable, so Anand had to eat at South Station. After eating and heading back to the Fan Expo, Anand made his way back to South Station, and boarded the train home safely.
These milestones are huge! This man just couldn't stop thinking about the many adventures he's been going on! What I hope to get Anand to do is maybe travel outside of Massachusetts, but he'll always say no . After all, Anand is his own person. I'm hoping he doesn't—oh wait. No, no, no. I think Anand's gonna tell me about Comic-Con…happening in Providence, RI again…as well as…more concert outings. Seriously, Anand? How many stories are you going to keep sending me?! I need a vacation...



No comments:
Post a Comment