Saturday, January 14, 2017

New Year and resolutions..

Vacation weeks can be tough for anyone. no structure doesn’t do any good to any of us, leave aside our kids.
This holiday season we decided to take a vacation without kids, Just us. Ajey was home and suggested he would be home with Anand and two of us can go away for few days. such a wonderful start to the new year.
 The flights were booked and then I told Anand, as expected it was all fire, It didn’t go well with him and the first thing was “go alone why dad”. Well, this was the golden opportunity for me to teach him something, one more step towards independence.
We had real messy days, I was afraid how will we survive the vacation week but after 5 days things fell into place, He agreed to give it a try and the training began, his and mine. we both learnt to take one thing at a time. We were gone for 5 days, 4 school mornings. I didn’t want Ajey to do everything, that meant from morning to evening Anand’s task had to be Broken-down. We started with packing lunch and snacks. We couldn’t do the alarm in vacation week but started doing lunches. he is an excellent learner so it was quick and easy for him.
When school started on Jan 3rd, we did alarm and that day onwards he woke up on his own, packed his lunch and snack, brushed, showered, had his breakfast and left for school. Three days went without any glitch, I could see how proud he was but more than that his mother was on top of the world. We were leaving Friday, we were to leave by 6 and he was up and was getting ready for school.
That morning to airport I wasn’t excited only for my first (without kids vacation) with Ashish, I was excited and proud of my son. Who was smarter and more independent than last year.
I was away for five days. Few of phone calls and face times I heard he missed us, he was willing to come on face time that itself was a big thing for me.
I didn’t think I could enjoy the vacation but surprisingly I was better once I heard from Ajey that very first day how things were calm and good at home. The boys survived the snow storm, cooked and ate and had great time, so did their mom and dad in Vegas.
I don’t need a resolution for new year just remember to keep my calm and things will be alright.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing ! Thank you for sharing . Love you guys so much .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you guys took advantage of this opportunity to benefit both !

    ReplyDelete