Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Perks of motherhood.

Its my #100 post on blogspot ! Didn’t realize until I posted. How appropriate.. a celebration post in every way..
Mom’s first day of work, Anand’s new phase of schooling and a first ever job coaching class.
When I started this blog Awareness was its purpose but totally different audience.
After an eventful 5 weeks trip to India in 2012 I realized his own family did not Know Anand so I decide to write about our life. To educate people around us and even for us.. we were learning something new too.
After 6 years and 100 post the purpose remains the same. But for wider audience. I am happy with its journey and cannot be any prouder how far we have come !!!
Anand and us and our life and you all.. 
lets keep rocking!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Monday was a special day in Pandey household. After a gap I went back to work. I worked from home for a few years and then was home so it is a big change. Excitement and worries came together and we all are in unknown territory. After a long drive back home I was asked how my day was. Anand remained in his room and didn’t bother to check but I very well know he listens, so I went in and teased him that he didn’t care how his mom’s day was. I asked about his day in Summer program and then told him a little bit about my day. I was talking to Ajey, mentioning how different it felt and that thinking about dinner was not exciting at the moment . Right away he said lets celebrate your day, I want to take you out. Anand agreed and off we went to Hibachi Grill. Its been one of our family places to go to as Anand loves noodles.

Soon the Pandeys were on the road and after a short drive we arrived and were seated. Monday was a perfect day, no waiting in line, no crowd. Anand knows the drill so the chef’s cooking style didn’t bother him. We had an awesome dinner and for a change it was a good dinner overall. Anand was happy and least anxious and paid attention to what the chef was doing on the table.

On the way back I was thinking how wonderful it felt to be treated by my son. We raise our kids and have been told to do so unconditionally but sometimes the pay back feels good. I cannot express my feelings in words. Ajey has been interning for a few summers now and I have been teaching him to not only save and invest but celebrate as well. He bought sarees for all the ladies in the family from his first ever pay check. I still remember the joy both the grandmothers felt. Small pleasures in life.. That’s what I held on to last night. A beautiful evening, a fabulous dinner, happy husband and kids, and a proud son who was happy for his mother.. on top of that the whole time we could keep Autism and anxiety at bay.. That was the biggest reward last night.


It was a beautiful evening, a selfie was so needed.. The forth member of the family in never interested in pictures. 
Dad and Anand was busy discussing something and I could take this pic.. These two men are too photogenic and don't like to be in picture.

But Ashish has no choice but to listen to his drama queen.
On the contrary Ajey is already ready with a smile :) Mom was actually this happy.. 
and this picture needs no caption .. but needed.. It feels so great to share a drink with son :) and yes I don't feel OLD. I feel I got a wonderful company and a friend..
Anand actually threatened me many times that I cannot take his picture without his permission and if I even asked it was never yes. so I do what a mom supposed to do.. take it anyways.. quietly or from back :)I was happy to sit in the back..

1 comment: