Friday, March 22, 2019

Gratitude ..a token of love in various forms..

People walk into your life for some reason. They bring respect, friendship, love, reason, sense, stability, storm, emotion, passion, motivation, anger, regrets, sadness and tears. Then we decide on what we want to continue with. We let go some and we hold on to some. Some let go of us and some hold on to us. Very late last night I was sipping my tea and going through the memories of this week. My Birthday became a celebration of all of above. So many memories cloud my mind as I type this. My son’s text this morning made me stop and rethink and write about some from my life.
K walked in as a reminder of these emotions last night. Just a quick text 15 mins ago – “are you home right now” and before I could ask further question she disappeared from whats app. I was making my chai in kitchen and here she was, walking in with a bag. Birth day gift for you she said and handed over to me with a hug. Freshly made “paniyaram” and rasmalai. 
K is not my everyday call friend or we don’t interact each other often but she has a very important place in my life. She is somehow connected to one of the biggest passion is my life. Jagjit Singh. She is the reason I can drive anywhere and she is the reason I offer rides to anyone without second thought.
April 19th, 2009 Jagjit Singh Concert. I went with 2 other friends, took the train from Franklin, leaving kids with dads, hoping we can take last train back from the city. Soon we realized the concert will go beyond the last train. We were thinking if we have to ask one of the husband to come and pick us up in the city. During interval, we met K and she was like I drove alone I will take you back. We were just living in the same town that’s all, hardly knew each other. Jagjit Singh took us to some other world that night and I am so glad I was there to listen to him. That was his last concert in Boston. I clearly remember that spring night K driving us through Rt 9 then 95 and then back to Franklin. That one night changed my life in so many ways. I fell in love deeper and deeper with the man, made some memories and got inspired to drive everywhere regardless of time of the day. Years ago, Viba inspired me to drive on highways, long distance without having husband on passenger seat, K made me a city driver. Her influence on me that night remained with me. When I met her cousin in a wedding in Vizag coincidently that was the first story I told him. Kavitha is fierce, funny, smart and very diverse person but it’s her unexpected kindness last night which will remain with me for a longest time. Last night again I felt the love and kindness around me. A cousin asked if I had a great day, It’s been a celebration of love and kindness for days not just a day. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for people in my life. Please know you are loved, respected, valued and appreciated. The flowers on my counter are constant reminder of freshness and aroma love brings in our life. They represent you all. This morning I touch them with fondness and thank the universe for your presence in my life.


Couldn't ask for more in life..


Friends celebrating my day.. years of tradition.. cannot imagine my sanity and life without them. Thank you Divya, Viba and Farida for not giving up on me.


                                         The Rasmalai - inspired me to write about you all. 



I am not a flower woman but I guess there are many things about me i didnt know about.. 


Blessing comes in form of a hot tea and not fighting when moms takes a picture. Human form of a blessing..



After a wonderful trip to India Ashish walks in. Ajey drove him back from Airport. 
Blessing comes in Happy traveler and driver forms too.



No comments:

Post a Comment