Saturday, March 16, 2019

Moms - the connection and support.. what will I do without them around..

I love going out with fellow moms and enjoy “me” time. Usually boys are happy with this arrangement too, they get to have their own time.
Tonight, it was little different, hubby got back from India 2 days ago, leaving him on Friday night wasn’t easy and boys were not having the best of Friday either. I was debating but thought I wouldn’t be much helpful. I don’t do very well when things are not going well, they need their composed and calm dad not the hyper mother.
An organization hosts Moms Night out in 6-7 weeks on a Friday night.  A good 40 miles’ drive can change your plan just like that. I couldn’t make it for a long time. But I decided to go tonight and all of sudden by evening things were not looking great. Husband assured he got things under control and I should go.
Drive felt so long but once I reached there I was in totally different world. The moms come together to share much more than their or kid’s life story. They can really joke around, laugh and uplift each other’s spirit and I think that’s the moms night out is all about. I have been there couple of time so knew couple of moms and met some new ones. While talking about Indian Moms Network I mentioned the need of rotating venue and finding a new place, one of them suggested a place, called “Social” in Newton. Coincidently it was just a half mile away from this venue. The power of goodwill and network. Just like that I had a venue for upcoming Moms Dinner. It was fabulous night to forget the “not so happy” things and focus on “can do’s” and support and optimism and hope. On the way back, I decided to check this new place. And I am so glad I did. The event manager Danie was awesome, she was very kind to give me a tour, offer the moms free parking and not charge any fee for booking the private room. And Just like that the night turned around on a happier note. On the way, back home I was a happy woman thinking how wonderful the world is. That’s what these get together do to our mental health, makes us happy, hopeful, motivate us to think outside of the box. And make us resourceful too :  )

 welcome to our world..


some day I will be able to post right picture not just food.. to show what these moms meetup do to us..

 I am so excited about our new Venue. please help us find more places so moms dont have to drive too far.


  I couldn't stop imaging this place full of jokes, laughter and love.

2 comments:

  1. How about Jasper Hill in Millis? WE can go check it out together and have a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaya - so glad you came from so far to join us at Mom's Night Out. Wonderful to see you!

    ReplyDelete