Thursday, February 21, 2019

Mom's Valentine Meet.. Thats what we are for each other..

Every month I go through the same emotional ride. Driving to Moms dinner is always exciting and nerve-racking.  Many of them meet for the first time. I feel the excitement of meeting new moms at the same time I feel nervous thinking they should have good time. They are leaving kids and husband behind they shouldn’t feel it’s waste of their time.
It was a little different this time. We picked a new town, new place. Total new locality and I knew it will not be a large crowd. Also, we didn’t have a private room to ourselves.
110 Grill @ Braintree,   agreed to host us in a semi private area without extra cost. It’s a very busy place on any given night so walking in I knew very well that it will be totally different experience. soon after I met other moms and we all felt we have known each other for such a long time. The usual introduction and simple conversation soon turned into our life stories. My condition “not too much about kids, it’s about you” is really helpful to open up to new people. We are so used to talk about our kids and their needs, we forget that someone exists in us too. The “me” is buried under responsibilities. With such a wonderful server, we enjoyed our meal and conversation equally. Many of us were meeting for the first time but soon we found more similarity and familiarity than newness. We huddled in the corner so we could listen to each other, a sight for other people in the room and laughed that being creative is another name of special need moms.
We heard each other’s life stories and found something to connect and inspire, promise to meet again and do better for ourselves. Nine mothers walked out of that restaurant feeling the warmth of friendship and support.  I think for me that was the biggest take away for the night, finding the light by the end of the tunnel, not alone but together, holding each other’s hand and sharing the strength.

Dad and Anand discussing the best way to clean the drive way. 


Because I didn't want to post Moms' picture I decided to post my meal to represent the diversity in the group .


A Bengal Taant for the night..A dear friend went shopping in Calcutta for me..She is my middle school friend







No comments:

Post a Comment