Saturday, February 16, 2019

Various shades of a day.. A different Friday.

The sun doesn’t always start one’s day. The happiness can come in various forms not only sunlight. It could a be a phone call or text msg : ) today was one of those days for me. A promise on its own form. Something to look forward to and all of sudden the end of work week sounded so promising. My boy was coming home for the weekend.
My drive to work was usual chatting with mom and sister and keeping up with what is happening with them back home while Mehdi Hassan accompanied in the back ground today. At the same time, many of to-do list going on in my mind. 
When I left work, the Friday had a different mode. It was about choices we make, the wishes we have or what we want from life. what we SHOULD do and what we WANT to do. I can step back and question everything I did or do. It’s about what ifs and why not. But in the end that the life isn’t it?

By the time, I was home my mind was somewhere else.
It’s such a treat to walk in home seeing your boy ready with a cup of chai. Having him home is always heartwarming, he is a wonderful company for chai to begin with. And the conversation flew toward a movie night and surprisingly we could drag dad too. A quick fish curry was dinner. During dinner Anand was a flat out NO for the movie and today for the first time I didn’t feel guilty even for a bit. Decided to leave him home and go for movie with the other two men. Ajey is not a TV or movie guy so 3 of us going for a movie is not heard of. On top of that Bollywood movie. Now I am so happy that we did it.
Walking in to the cinema hall I was very nervous about the movie. After all I was dragging two very hard to please men. But in the end, it turned out to be one of the best movie we ever watched. If you get a chance don’t miss “Gully boy”. Watching Ajey connecting to movie in various ways was very intriguing. I felt like a queen sitting between two men I adore. It was an experience in itself.
Coming out of the cinema hall with both the men on my side I was a happy woman, not questioning anything and learning to live with whatever my life is about. On the way back home Ajey was relating various aspects of life to Rap, racism and identity and most of the stuff I couldn’t relate to may be due to different time and upbringing and experience. But I was happy to live through him.
The evening contained so many thoughts that every one of them deserve a post : )
But tonight, it’s all about dream, wishes, and reality and choices. Watch the movie and you will know what I am talking about.


The perk of being a mother to these wonderful boys. They keep me grounded. otherwise I would have drowned in fantasy world as a dear friend called me a typical dreamy pisces. 


A simple fish curry and roti and my boy was a happy man. My facebook status said with this pic-
"Happiness redefined 
Not sure what he meant when he said - so happy .. I missed home..
Wonder if he is talking about me, his bed or fish curry on the plate !!"


and this hard to please kid was all smily and happy talking about stuff with his brother. I could convince him that his mother was taking selfie.. My making faces helped. He didn't know that his mom had different agenda.



 A screen shot from the Gully Boy movie, a wonderful experience having both the men my side.



#gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment