Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Gala - to support who support our loved once.- Triangle Inc.

After a very long day I was just not sure if it was the right thing to do. When I was packing last night for today’s event, I was certain about a blue saree but packed a dress too just in case. I leave home very early when I go to work and after an hour and half of commute and a full day at work , when I got out at 4, I wasn’t sure about my choice of attire for the evening. A dear friend graciously offered her place to change and a nice cup of tea. I think it was that tea which helped me bounce back to my usual self and I was ready to rock in that beautiful blue saree.
It was Triangle Inc.’s 48th annual award ceremony and fundraiser. John F Kennedy museum and library was a beautiful venue on a perfect day for a wonderful cause.

Triangle’s moto is “Employment. Empowerment. Independence. Our services help individuals with disabilities to find careers, become self-advocates, and live independently”. I didn’t know much about them until last week. State Street supports many organizations and had a table at the event. I decided to join the team and I am so glad I did. I knew that it would be a very long day but it was well worth every minute I spent there.
The venue, food, people, cause and wine – a perfect mix for a great evening. The Mayor of Malden was honored as a Disability Advocate of the year and the Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives Robert DeLeo was honored as the Public Official of the year. Listening to what they did and do was a moving thing for a mother. I was very impressed with everyone honored at the event. Knowing what Triangle does was another highlight of the night. I cannot wait to explore the same and share with the Moms Network. I spent my time talking about Anand, Indian families, being a mother and Moms Network. Connected with so many people who promised to help us in a variety of ways.
 My saree was a show stopper for sure. Only Indian woman in the room and on top of that in a saree. I couldn’t have picked a more dramatic attire for the event. I was complimented over and over again and I sure did enjoy that. Many pictures, questions and compliments later I got a chance to take a picture with Speaker Robert DeLeo.

I am still a worried mom but happy to know that there are many out there working tirelessly to make life better for my son and many more.
Please visit them and donate..
https://triangle-inc.org




The generous and fabulous crowd


Robert DeLeo, The Speaker of the house of representative of Mass. Such an honor to be in the picture with a true friend of our community.


Lot of pictures I am sure it wasn’t me it was the saree


Fantastic group for state street folks.



Some of the Triangle Staff, so curious about saree, Moms Network, India and all about our culture and disability, cannot wait to have some meaningful interactions with them

 The beautiful backdrop of JFK library and museum. I wish I had come out to take the picture before the sunset. 



I glittery saree, a gift from a friend and last night It was such a perfect choice for a  beautiful night.







No comments:

Post a Comment