Thursday, August 18, 2022

Hold on - there is light behind that dark phase

Last Sunday was memorable for two reasons.

One was very personal for me but important for many, the other one was important for me and very personal for many.

It was Anand’s first day at work. It’s been 4 days and I have been holding my breath, keeping my fingers crossed but today I decided I should share my journey. Not just the best part but struggles too.

Last Sunday we had a very successful Desi Moms Picnic too, one which I let others initiate and execute and those two moms did an awesome job.


First things first, Anand applied for a position in BJ’s ( Online Shopping ambassador) and within two days it was all settled for Sunday orientation and work was starting on Monday. Sunday morning we all were anxious as expected. Dad took him and stayed there for introduction. After an hour and half we got a call from him that he was ready to be picked up. He came back home happy, such a relief for all of us.

There is more to this story but that’s for some other day, In short, He has worked for few days and gets tired but is happy and cannot wait for his paycheck. He has no idea that his mom is already eyeing her share from that :)


That evening I went to a family picnic organized by two young moms from the group. I did the organizing and planning for a couple of years and this year I just didn’t feel like it. I was asked many times and every time I suggested someone else should do it. I am glad I didn’t give in, we got new leaders.


The picnic was wonderful, 20 families were together, including dads and kids. I was happy to see all the dads chatting, sharing numbers, asking questions and generally enjoying the company. Kids having fun, playing together and sometimes not together but still in the vicinity. Moms were chatting, eating and laughing and generally having a good time.

I still have to process that eventful Sunday, but didn’t want to wait to share this now. I was excited to share my journey with the group and it felt amazing sharing my joy of “ Anand’s first day at work” with them. That one group of parents sure knew how important that was for me and for them too - There is light right behind the dark days..



1 comment: