Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Pick the broken pieces and make something stronger?

Last weekend was kind of a reminder how difficulties make you stronger in a way.

I am still in awe of the collective optimism and strength these women bring to my life. I was not in the right place, it was just hard, really hard. Questioning choices you make, decisions you take and then some. When I look back I think we all go through this but again we make those choices where we are at given time.

Saturday, a group of moms from Desi Moms Network participated in Independence Day celebration in Needham town.

I just couldn’t drag myself out of the house that morning and regretted later. The moms took that bold step making their kids part of that grand celebration  and I heard the kids were amazing.The audience loved the show.


That evening Boston saw another example of talent, compassion and supporting the population who is often overlooked. A concert benefitting Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled”. Samarthanam is a story of a blind man’s willingness to go above and beyond to build something for people with disability. Please read more about it. https://samarthan.org


Two amazing singers with the live orchestra/band and very generous Boston audience. I haven’t witness anything like that. The music has the ability to bring and bind people. I was there with the moms from my group, was very privileged to dance with one of the kid.

Sunday afternoon was story of 12 moms coming together. Who never knew each other few months ago and now they are such close friends. Few of them met that day for the fist time and I am sure soon they will be  integral part of each other’s life. Thats what happens when you find that ONE common bond. Their kids brought them together but its moms who took another step forward in strengthening the friendship and building their village.

I got a text from a mom who went camping with another family. Something beyond their wildest imagination. The pics made my day. I remember how helpless they felt few years ago. One day they decided to seek help, reach out and move forward. 

What makes you stronger? What do you do with your broken pieces? 


Yes, I did wear a dress not the saree and practically everyone asked me about it.

Somehow I was just not in saree mood that weekend  












The Sunday saga



These may be simple usual camping pics for you but those familes this is BIG, exciting, hope and new beginning and for many more its something to look forward to, an inspiration, two families with kids on spectrum went camping and enjoyed it - 48 hours together Their story opens the door for so many. The magic of a village.




No comments:

Post a Comment