Sunday, January 14, 2018

New Year in different Style

This event took place on Dec 29th, I couldn't write very next day and then life took over. but I still felt this story had to be told.. here it is. late BUT.better than never.
That night I walked into that room not knowing what to expect. Have been with center for few years now but hadn’t been to many of the activities. Anand never felt at home with center. When to think of it he never felt at ease anywhere except his own home. It’s an irony how a son born to a mother who belongs everywhere. Center soon became my place and I found my village there. Many of you remember my story about mother’s retreat. Center is basically designed to build a village for our children. The whole team is so passionate about helping families in need.
Our family is not part of any family gathering. I go there once a year for Mother’s retreat and get my Mama energy for a year. We meet our old friends and make some new and keep in touch.
When a friend posted something on Facebook and asked if I was coming for New Year’s party I decided to go. It was on Dec 30th. It was a snowy and very cold week in Boston. But that never stopped any of us anyways. I decided to put my bling on and be part of that party.
What I saw that night was an idea, a brilliant one. Imagine that. Celebrate New year with our kids on Dec 30th and at 9 PM. Parents could hangout with other parents without worrying about anything. There were photo sessions and decoration and popups for photos
 The kids ate and mingled and then DJ and Music started the party. He played few songs and then kids started the karaoke, some of them were really good singers, after some time someone walked on dance floor and then before you know many joined and it was a big dance party, that was pure magic, everyone was just having fun. So many accommodation for sensory overload and quite space and everyone just respected everyone’s need and space. I couldn’t resist dancing with a cutest partner on earth. around 9 PM the countdown started and sharp 9 PM we all shouted happy New Year and then it was a wonderful beginning to 2018.. a warm, musical, colorful, glittery welcome.  To the Idea of hope, progress, happiness, inclusion, wish for a better society and peace for everyone.


Saree from a dear friend. A Surat creation, I couldn’t imagine me in this but couldn’t be happier. Sometimes its best to listen to friend and not question their choice for you.


3 comments:

  1. That was a fun New Years' and I love the saris, Jaya and Surat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully written, heartfelt post Jaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Idea of hope, progress, happiness, inclusion, wish for a better society and peace for everyone.
    Manchester airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete