Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wishes for next 365 days

This morning I type this post feeling hopeful for all of you. Logically as my husband mentions nothing changes, we just get a day off, a reason to have another party, drink and stay up late watching TV. If at all anything changes it’s the calendar on kitchen wall, last digit on your date stamp and lots of phone calls, messages and Facebook post and thousands of pictures. But at the same time, I feel it gives us a reason to look back and think what worked for us and what didn’t.
I always say our mind changes every 10 years and we redefine what our life is. Our body defines the way we should live and mind dictates what is important for us. I wish for everyone to find that balance and not wait for body or mind to dictate.
The #HOPEFULL campaign is really all about that. Wishes for a better world for us, for our kids. A change for world, a new philosophy to live by, a dream for a mom, to reach out to people who need a hand, hope to be the motivation, have a motivation, be inspired and be an inspiration, a change maker in some way in someone's life. a smile, a dream..

I wish you all that next 365 days will make you do things differently, will make you a better person and above all you will contribute to make this world a better place.
This morning My Facebook status update was -
Its one of those kind of days.
I started writing about wishes and hope in the morning, Couldn't finish, wished a mom from our tribe whose daughter turns 16 today, spoke to another mom whose daughter is transitioning to adult world soon, visited someone who has known me for 35 years, had a very meaningful discussion in the afternoon about being involved and making a difference in Indian community , and then a heart wrenching talk with a dad who just learnt his 2 yrs old son has Autism.. oh how I wish I could reach across the phone and give him a hug that he is not alone.
I wanted to write about my New year date with a toddler who was fascinated with my saree and Bindi on New years party..
Well that has to wait.. Today lets be #
Hopeful



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jaya,

    you are probably life about life changing every ten years. I know my life is different in 2008 and yet so very similar in important ways.

    "not wait for body or mind to dictate". Which is probably where our feelings come in.

    Thank you for #hopefull, Jaya.

    I tried to change the kitchen calendar, move the corner table and get to the nail to hang it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaya ,

    It's true nothing changes .. only a calendar ... Last two digits .. reason for party
    Still .. it is like a new academic year .. new books .. same old intention revived .. determination that this year i m going to be different .. will be regular ... Will do something more than fun ... Nd it starts with first page in good handwriting ...
    A new year starts with loved one saying bye to past mistakes .. reliving good moments nd promise to self .. this year will be different nd good ..
    Happy new year dear

    ReplyDelete