Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The traffic Jam - what do you do?

 Day -2 San Diego saga 

An hour plus drive turned into a 5 hour drive, our 11 hour day we spent half of it driving. It was frustrating and annoying but we knew we had no choice so we turned to Khan Sahab Mehdi Hassan . We listened to Mehdi Hassan sahab for hours. Those ghazals initiated the conversation about so many nuances and intricacy of poetry and music. And  that started conversation about life, family, people, relationships, friendships, politics, religion and memories. I was not behind the wheel so could enjoy  without worrying about fatigue.  


If I ignore the drive back I had a fabulous day, non stop music, amazing food, stunning location, fabulous weather and fantastic company I couldn’t have asked for better. Khan Sahab’s melodious voice made us talk about stuff we would have not otherwise.


More than anything I was observing how we behave in these circumstances. The 3 of us took a positive attitude and enjoyed the company and the music. These 200 plus miles will remain as a life lesson and a memory. We did joke about Bangalore traffic and many more traffic jams we got stuck in.

I am sure all of us have been through and we all deal with it differently. 

 When you are stuck on the road and there is no way out, a small turn or a missed exit can prolong the drive, how do you react in these times? Do you get angry, frustrated or just focus on letting it go? 

I know this post is in fragments but please bear with me. A San Diego Saga post is in making :)

A simple Mysore silk saree - for no reason. The host is an amazing photographer, how could I resist a photoshoot. Too many pics but so hard to pick one or two :)







No comments:

Post a Comment