Followers

Monday, August 19, 2024

Embracing Hope Amidst Life's Contrasts

 A family in Desi Moms Network is expecting a baby, and I was invited to their intimate baby shower. The grandparents are still awaiting their visas, so the family is managing on their own. A cousin drove a few hundred miles to help with the ceremony, which turned out to be a small gathering. It made me think about how we often have to set aside our apprehensions and hope for the best.


Their 9-year-old daughter wasn’t having the best time. I can imagine how overwhelming it must have been for her, having so many people at home and not understanding why her evening routine was disrupted. Eventually, her dad took her for a car ride to help calm her down. While we ladies continued with the ceremony and enjoyed the meal, I couldn’t stop thinking about how different life is for some families.

 

Somewhere else, another 9-year-old sister might be excitedly talking about her newborn sibling, picking out names, decorating the nursery with her parents, and planning how to welcome the baby. It is a harsh reality of our lives how Autism takes away some simple joys.


In the Desi Moms Network, I know a few families who decided to have another child, and I’ve seen the joy these new additions bring. I believe everyone deserves a chance to experience the joys of parenting without the added stress, if that’s even possible.


With the dad out, the mom had to manage many things on her own, even though friends were there to help. I wish the family well and hope they find the time to enjoy these precious moments. I pray the delivery goes smoothly and that they find the right support for both the baby and their older daughter. With school starting soon, I hope their firstborn will find some comfort in the familiar routine.

A simple Tussar saree for the evening. Such a perfect way to end my weekend. 


Desi Moms Network is a group of  Indian mom with children with special needs located in MA.





No comments:

Post a Comment