Followers

Friday, August 23, 2024

What are you looking for in your future daughter-in-law or Son in law?

 My firstborn is ready to change the direction of his life. I would have suggested otherwise—to travel, enjoy life, and have fun. Mr. Husband had a 2-year-old in tow when he was this age, so I guess our son is following in his dad's footsteps.

Mr. Husband and I were fortunate that it was an easy decision for us. Long-time friends decided to get married without worrying about horoscope matching, sifting through tons of pictures and biodata, or clicking/swiping right on dating apps. But it hasn't been the same for our son.

He thinks his parents need to intervene in this process. At his request, we are starting to look for a bride, and it has been tough. The first thing we asked was, "What do you want in your partner?" He has been very clear: he wants a partner, someone who challenges him, encourages him, and keeps him grounded.

Now that I think about it, no one writes these qualities in their resume, so it's hard to figure out whom to contact and how to proceed. I don't know how parents have dealt with this all along. Finding a match for your son or daughter is more difficult than choosing someone for yourself. I so wish he had found someone on his own. I wish I had given him instructions during college to find someone then; instead of just studying, making the world a better place with his social activism otherwise. Who knew it gets tougher when you are out of college and doing other thinsg..

A question for moms of daughters: What are you looking for in your son-in-law?

I’m sure I’m not the only one with this dilemma. Many of you must have gone through this. What did you do? Wish me luck, and meanwhile, if you know someone looking for a son-in-law, let me know.


A sambalpuri Ikat silk for a musical evening out.






No comments:

Post a Comment