Monday, April 6, 2020

Where are we going? ज़िन्दगी यूँ ही गुज़र गई

Day 24 Sunday 4/5 and Day 25 Monday 4/6

What should you do when things are not going right, not only for you but for everyone. You hear stories from everyone - worried about their family, thinking about elderly parents, staying far from loved ones, cooking and cleaning taking the life out of you, staying home driving you crazy or seeing news is depressing and you are getting angry at all the leaders. We all are experiencing the same - What do you do?
 As a group, a circle of friends we find a solution, we hold on to the goodness around us and believe in that. In spite of everything bad happening around us there is still hope in the world. Some of us decided to cheer each other up,  gratitude is the best thing and what is a better time than this? Grateful to have wonderful people in my life. You take out the gift of a friend and she wears another gift and the other one follows suit, and before you know it you are on a video chat talking about 100s of things, sharing our worries. You end the weekend hoping for a better week, knowing very well that it might not get any better. So we needed strength from each other and that’s what a saree and chai with girlfriends does for me - bring it on..Life.. bring it on. 
Monday was very sad with news flashing, (I don’t think I can ignore it anymore) that ten thousand people had died just like that and there is no end in sight. I can write about the stupidity of people from top downwards but that’s not going to solve anything.
Work kept me busy and I am grateful for that, but I couldn’t stop wondering about the future. Needed something different so I did what I am good at, what makes me happy. Connected Papa and his two sisters on a video group chat. Highlight of my day. All 3 of them were so happy, I don’t even remember when were they together last but today they were seeing each other virtually. I will go to bed keeping that image in my eyes. I am sure they all went to bed smiling. I am sad that I didn’t do this sooner. This difficult time is teaching us a lesson, to take it slow and value what is important.
The day ended with some wonderful conversations. I am so lucky that I have friends who enrich my life with their passion, knowledge, art and brilliance.
 A gift from a dear friend, wrapped in love. Made my day.
From my walk, a sign of spring, much needed. 
 Signboards- on the side of the road.
Lunch - Minced chicken with peas and mushroom
Family time with Zoom.
 And this will remain my fav photo of all the video chat I have been doing all these day. Papa with his sisters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment