Thursday, April 2, 2020

Wear Blue on Autism Awareness and Acceptence day - for a better world.

This series started as a journal for my mom and sisters. everyday FaceTime and call were not enough for her I guess. My parents were concerned and distance and 24 hours news channel were not helping either So I decided to write. Lot of moms from my group reached out to me that i should keep writing for them as it was keeping them connected.

Day 20 Wednesday 4/1  and Day 21Thursday 4/2

The day seems so dark and gloomy when you hear so called leaders talk about casualty in such careless way. Biggest mistake to go to bed after listening to daily briefing announcing two painful weeks ahead and somewhere 100K to 250K people will die. It was just little too much for me to handle. I am so in disgust with the way leaders are handling this crisis. I was in such a dark place so decided to take a break from news on wednesday morning.
Thats doesn’t happen though, I tried hard but did find myself listening watching here and there. Day got better as Anand and I  tried to be kind and listen to each other. He was busy working on his home work from Mass Bay class from Tuesday. That was my highlight of the day. Boys did help me get over the feeling and stupid me went to watch some TV and succumbed to popular show - Tiger King.
I don’t know what was I thinking, watched almost 2 episodes to know it wasn’t for me, left very bitter taste in my mouth. But again the hopeless optimist in me went to bed hoping for a better tomorrow and Yes I was right. 
Today on Autism Awareness day April 2nd, World is better place not because of those leaders but the people around us. My phone msgs, facebook timeline were full of pictures of people wearing blue. Lot of people at work sent me pic and emails. My friends all over the world wore blue and tagged me in those post. So many of them wore their blue saree even in lockdown. 
We had virtual saree meet of Boston Saree Group and all 10 of them wore blue in the middle of work day to show their support, right after that the moms from my network met virtually and then some of us again met for music and poetry therapy. It was lot of Zoom time today but it ended well, tiring but very uplifting. I didn’t even lift a finger today and was served fantastic lunch and dinner. 

I am ending this day with gratitude and warmth in my heart. The statistic, data and logic may not look good good but I am sure the goodness and love in this world will survive. We can keep walking the path and hoping for the best. Just hold on to people whom you love and who love you and you will find a way to overcome everything. 
He had no idea I was taking his pic. He was busy doing his homework.

 The dinner - I so needed that "special" orange juice. Fish curry sure asked for supplement.
 A linen for this year's Autism Awareness and acceptance day.
 My day was so full of these. Zoom is our best friend right now, keeping is connected.
 Both side of the families donned blue today for Anand - love conquers all 



 Last year My sister in law raised Autism awareness in her own way. she made sure everyone in her circle not only understands but be a part of it. She shared information and stories about our life. Her friends who never met Anand or any of us, wore blue and learnt about Autism. This year they couldn't be together because of lock down but wore blue sarees in their own home and shared the pictures with her. 

Friends from my school and college days.. Nothing brings joy more than memories. They all wore blue. Thank you what's app and facebook for connecting us.

This pic shows 5 different people from 5 different walks of my life. each of them represents a very special time and part of me. I couldn't post 100s of pictures I have of people in blue but this one pic speaks volume. Please know I cant even explain what you all mean to me. Pic or no pic I know your love is my strength.


1 comment:

  1. Love u Jaya .. u Ashish ajey Anand are very special for me

    ReplyDelete