Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Whatever it takes - to make a day better..

Day 18 Monday 3/30 and Day 19 Tuesday 3/31
The week began with a different Monday. Life as is, is getting used to the new norma or should I say may be we are adapting to the change. Monday without no rush feels so strange. Simple breakfast and simple lunch were OK and today somehow I don’t even remember what else I did. Evening was exciting as after grocery shopping our dinner was colorful. Ajey and I were happy in the kitchen. I promise it had nothing to do with the new Pinot Grigio Ashish got.
Tuesday morning wasn’t happy at all. I was up around 5, tried to sleep again but couldn’t. Then read a friend’s post and realized we all are going through similar emotions, the feeling of despair and loneliness. Sometimes accepting what we are going through becomes the remedy. I woke up sad but admit that it was a mixture of sadness, despair, frustration, anger and feeling lost. I needed that confrontation with these emotions for myself before comforting her. By 8.15 sun was shining again in my backyard with a promising day ahead. I went for a short walk and felt much better. Sun and fresh air, I think that’s all I needed.
One of my highschool classmates had a milestone Bday and I organized a group call, it was so much fun laughing with old friends. They were complaining about the 35+C weather in India, about how hot it was and here I was wearing gloves and hat, walking in 35F.

Anand’s MassBay classes are online now. Seeing him interacting with his classmates on Zoom was such a wonderful sight. My son was happy and enjoying the social interaction, that’s what he had been missing for the last 2 weeks. Finally he agreed that he will try to connect with a few of his other friends online. Let’s see if he follows up on that tomorrow.
Today 2 of my friends came and 3 of us sat in our car trunks and drank our own tea and chatted. More than 10 ft but it was so wonderful to be in the same vicinity.  Seeing each other in person was the highlight of the day.
Evening , after a quick nap, was a total waste because I did no cleaning or organizing. But today feels much better because Anand and I were good to each other. My son did pots and pans, loaded the dishwasher, did his laundry, walked and ate without fuss, loved the fish I made for dinner and told me how wonderful a cook I am. We didn’t argue over too much screen time. Let’s see if either of us can be kind and nice to each other tomorrow but tonight I am enjoying this feeling.
The morning mood needed something to change its direction - a hug, a kiss, a phone call, a text, a promise, a picture, a bribe, some laughs and hope for the next day and thereafter. I will take whatever I can get.
I hope your Wednesday will be kind to you. My wish for you is whatever it takes to change the direction of your crazy day and makes it a happier one.
I know its not the season but some memories have power to make things better for you.
Lunch on Monday - Fried rice  with Kala chana, snow peas and broccoli 
 Dinner was fancy - Stuff Pepper ( Potatoes and paneer filling),  chana dal ( Lentil) Avocado and cucumber and potatoes and mushrooms ( thank you air fryer)


A beautiful morning.
 Tea and social distancing - where there's a will there's a way
 Breakfast - Ajey - scrambled egg with paneer and broccoli.
Simple Rice with Chicken - wife busy with work call and husband decided to prep lunch.
The fish - happy anand and happier Mom
The rest of Pandey's get Gluten free roti, leftover lentil, fish and leftover pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment