Saturday, July 17, 2021

A saga about an evening - Cheese or no cheese ?

I read a post on Facebook today about “Desi Taste.” I have heard over and over again that nothing beats Indian food. I feel for those who don’t get to enjoy a good Mexican or Italian meal or a french pastry or a good Danish or a beautifully baked bread. The aroma of a freshly baked bread is heavenly.

I love Paratha, Dosa or well made sweets from India but at the same time I can appreciate well cooked Persian meats too. 

When I accepted a seat on the board of Federation for Children with Special Needs, I knew I would enjoy the work but didn’t know it comes with cheese tasting too. I got the invite a couple of weeks ago for a virtual cheese tasting for Friends of Federation. I knew husband darling could care less for cheese but I was up for it. The box from Jasper Hill Farm was delivered a few days ago with instructions.

Finally the day came and I was all dressed for the evening. The evening progressed wonderfully, the cheesemonger from Jasper Hill Farm was amazing and she explained everything. She taught me something new - to have some jam with the cheese. We tasted 5 varieties of cheeses with 4 kinds of preserves. She suggested the food parings too but my mind was already pairing those flavors with Indian cuisine. I will keep you updated of my experiences.

For me more than the cheese the experience was intriguing. One of the board members had invited all her friends for that. I really had fun watching her girlfriends eating cheese and sipping some wine together. Note to myself - Don’t do it alone next time :)

A simple cotton saree for a hot and humid day. I sat on the dining table while husband prepped our dinner. I was served a red wine to enjoy with the cheeses.

Time to work on utilizing my new gained knowledge of cheeses. Stay tuned for more exploration.

Meanwhile please visit Federation’s site and learn about the amazing work they are doing. Spread the word and I look forward to seeing you all at the Gala on Sept 18th.






No comments:

Post a Comment