Sunday, July 18, 2021

“It’s okay to be not okay all the time” Anand's 21st Bday

When I say “Build your village” I really mean it in every sense.

When things get tough, you should know who are your people.

I am helping so many moms building their village BUT I can just help, they have to do the work.

I keep repeating how important it is to have that village. 

Today I would like to thank everyone who did their bit to be part of my village. You held my hand when things got tough, wiped my tears and gave me a hug. If you could do nothing else, you lifted my spirit by talking about shoes and sarees. You just left everything and drove over to hold my hand, or took me to the farmers market just to stroll with me and yes I came back home with just a loaf of bread and a bunch of onions. You sent texts, voice msgs, pictures and more. some of you reminded how wonderful I am :) Also some of you really know how realistic I needed to be that day so thank you for not sugar coating  but giving me comfort with the words that it’s okay to be not okay.

Thank you for walking the walk with me and making sure I don’t loose myself.

I walked into the Saree meet with a hurricane in my mind. I walked back home little lighter for sure.

I am posting a text (one of so many) you to remember when you feel down - that it shall pass and tomorrow is a better day. ( Thank you C)

“Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You don’t need a reminder that this is what he wants and this is what makes him happy. I know what you are saying as a mother. At the end of the day you will find the courage to be ok with this uneasy feeling. Hugs to you dear. As Buddha says “It’s okay to not be okay all the time”. Jaya I wish there was a magic pill that I could dispense and everything got better but trials and tribulations are an integral part of life and there is no way around it"

A simple silk for the saree meet, one of my village. The shout and cheer when I walked in was enough to assure me that I was loved and I needed to be there that night. only If I could tell them then how they nurtured my soul and heart. But I sure can tell them how grateful I am to have all of them in my life

and next day  this was from my other village. They rallied around me and fed me food and love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment