Friday, July 30, 2021

Anand and Wahlburgers - 21st bday celebration

Is it the food or the people who make “lunch” special

Today after Anand’s first in person appointment in Newton the boys decided to go to the city for lunch. Anand wanted to go to “Wahlburgers ” one of his most favorite places.

When he mentioned it this morning I was like really? This might be our last family lunch out before Ajey moves out coming Friday. We could go to a better place. One of my favorite places “Time out Market” is right there and I did propose the lunch there. But my boy had his mind set on Wahlburgers. 


This morning after the appointment we went to Fenway and found parking right outside. Ajey wanted a good burger too. Ashish did offer that boys can eat their burger and we could go to Time out Market. I just didn’t feel like eating without the boys and decided to walk in with them. THE best thing I did today.

I asked if we could sit outside and it was met with a flat out “no” response from the Birthday boy. While we were getting on our seats suddenly he asked - I am 21, can we sit at the bar. And that changed everything for all of us.

I got hold of a wonderful wait staff and told her about our family and requested her to take some pictures without Anand noticing. The wait staff at the Bar was amazing with all of us. She was funny and kind. She chatted with us and I mentioned to her how a big deal it was for me as all of us are “adults” now. We all ordered our drinks ( 3 adult drinks and one coke) and food. While we were waiting for our food she came with a packet. Anand was wearing his “W” cap, she got him another one and a T shirt as a Birthday gift. Single handedly she made our day with her kind gesture. Today my day was made by some wonderful people, just because they chose to be kind to my family. 

The Pandeys are so out of the loop that we didn’t know the Red Sox were playing today. We got a parking ticket for parking on the road on game day. Well I wasn’t very happy about it then and in the long run it won’t matter, but the happiness and fun we had  “celebrating Anand’s 21st Birthday ” will last forever. 







I did come out to sit for few minutes in the sun. joking and chatting with wait staff, a gentleman offered to buy a drink for "the happy lady". My first born promptly responded to the server that his mom has two men taking care of her drinks :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment