Thursday, April 4, 2024

A Tribute to Amma's Boundless Enthusiasm

#AmmaSaga #day8

Her enthusiasm for anything new was contagious. 

When she visited me, we planned many trips. We drove over 12,000 miles in 5 months. She would get exhausted but would go to bed with a painkiller, and the next morning, she would be the first one to get ready and have some fun. I never heard "no" from her for an offer to go out. Always ready in just a few minutes, she enjoyed everything in life. 

She watched English movies with subtitles, took tons of pictures while traveling all over the East Coast with us, and wrote letters to her daughters about the places she visited. She tried new cuisines, and flowers made her extremely happy, so gardens were always at the top of her list. 

She loved hopping in the car with me, even for a tiny grocery store visit. She loved to sit with her daughters; many times, she didn’t understand our discussions, but that didn’t discourage her from being part of our conversation. She was an amazing listener. I will miss telling minute details of my life every day. 

Every time I hear a compliment for my zest for life, I know where I got it from. Amma, keep laughing and smiling. Your eyes sparkle when you are happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment