Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Memories of Amma: A Tale of Flowers, Perfumes, and Small Joys"

 Amma loved flowers and perfumes. My India shopping list for her was very standard. A bottle of perfume, warmer leggings, Nailpolish, Pantyliners and Citaphil lotion and those airline socks. There was a time when I brought artificial flowers for her too. Our house in Balaghat has many of those and one bunch sits on her table in my sister’s in Bangalore. 

My mother had an affinity with those airline socks. Emirates stopped providing socks for economy class so I had to ask every time for my darling mother. 

Amma loved perfumes. She would use the perfume in a way so it last till my next visit. Papa some time would joke that she may not be going anywhere but would use perfume just for fun. To think of it her list was very small. She will carry her “sling bag” with a hanky, a pantyliner and phone.


My Amma could drag her feet for shower in the morning which will annoy my dad but she will be ready in minutes if there is something in your agenda.

A panipuri or chat trip, an icecream treat or a drive around town Amma was the best company.



No comments:

Post a Comment