Monday, April 1, 2024

Amma loved life and travel and pictures

Day#5 #AmmaSaga

My Amma was a very curious soul.

She wanted to experience, learn, taste, and know everything. Her enthusiasm for anything new was contagious. When she visited me, we planned many trips. We drove over 12K miles in 5 months. She would get exhausted but would go to bed with Tylenol, and the next morning she would be the first one ready to have some fun. I never heard a no from her for an offer to go out. Always ready in just a few minutes.

We traveled almost every weekend, and she would make notes, write journals, and cherish them. As soon as we started, she would snooze for some time and then be ready to explore the place. If you asked, she would explain in great detail about everything she saw. I felt bad for people who asked a question about her trips, as she could talk for a long time. She loved her photo album so much. She would often sit and go through them to relive those memories. 

They say the soul can travel anywhere, I think that's the reason she left her older body and decided to travel lightweight. Amma, where are you? In your favorite Race Point beach in Cape, or in Orchid Gardens in Singapore, or Niagara Falls? Or Times Square? In Goa? 

Every time I hear a compliment for my zest for life, I know whom I got it from.



No comments:

Post a Comment