Sunday, March 31, 2024

Amma really knew what was the best for her.

 #AmmaSaga Day 4

Amma was really smart; one of her abilities was finding people with the right talent and then keeping them close.


She raised 4 daughters with different strengths, and for sure, she entrusted them with specific tasks. She didn't trust me with her finances, medical matters, or religious rituals. I was her emotional and social director. She was very clear about me not handling her medical stuff.


She kept writing and updating her “will” or wish list / Dream list over the years. I was never mentioned as someone who would make decisions about her worldly affairs. She entrusted my number 2 sister  with her power of attorney. She totally handed over all her spiritual and religious matters to my number 3 sister. To think of it, maybe she died here in Raipur so Varsha can perform all the Dharma dues. My sister is the "karta." My youngest sister handled her medical matters and all the unconventional stuff.


I was her connector and listener. She trusted me with all her small stuff which was beyond her in those three big domains. She would smile and say, "I cannot burden you with all that because you live so far, and it will be hard for you to come here and do all that." But I know in my heart she absolutely didn’t mean what she said. She exactly knew I couldn’t be trusted with her religious beliefs; she knew how disastrous my medical science knowledge was. And her banking matters sure are beyond my capabilities. But she trusted me with all her love, life stories, and mental health. I was her gossip buddy, her morning and evening call, a persona to share jokes and dreams and wishes, and yes, she sure trusted me with all her sarees.



No comments:

Post a Comment