Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Gratitude Post: What Do I Wish for the Coming Year

 Growing up in a simple household, birthdays were important but kept low-key. We'd invite a few friends over, have some snacks, but there was never a cake when we were young. I think it wasn't until my college days that we discovered the connection between cake and celebration.

Mr. Husband was never keen on big celebrations; for him, it was just another day. So, it became my responsibility to make sure we celebrated both his and my birthdays. Then the kids came along, and they started making cards, bought flowers and gift means forced their dad to do so . I also made a rule: no cooking or takeout on those days; instead, we'd have a family dinner out. As time went on, friends entered the picture, and while the celebrations remained low-key, they involved a few more people. Over the years, I've had friends who celebrated me and my big day, and I'm truly grateful for them. I'm thankful for those who share my passions for music, sarees, poetry, fun, and the causes I care about.


This year was no different. The celebrations started a few days in advance: dinner out with Mr. Husband, a musical evening, dinner with the Pandey men at Ajey's home, a trip to Yard House with Mr. Husband and Anand, and attending the St. Patrick's Day parade in Boston. On my actual birthday, I drove to Quincy Beach to watch the sunrise before heading to work. It was a day of breakfast and team lunch, followed by a well-spent evening with some long-time friends. I ended the night at home, relaxing with Mr. Husband, feeling grateful as I relived the memories of all the love, hugs, kisses, gifts, and flowers.


This year, I've made a promise to take better care of my health. I want to travel more and focus on feeling, living, and eating better to become the best version of myself.


What does birthday celebration mean to you? 

A chanderi for the musical evening. 

Anand in the city. His mother wanted to see the parade and he agreed. My bday gift.









No comments:

Post a Comment