Saturday, April 30, 2022

A day in the city, advocating for our children - Visit to State House with families

 I did a leadership series with Mass Familes a few years back. I got busy building Desi moms Network and political advocacy just took a back seat. Politics and related stuff are not my cup of tea anyway. I don’t know much about policies and laws and didn’t have energy to venture into something new. I know what my strengths are and decided to do what makes me happy. 

Things changed and I got into the Board for Mass Familes, and again I realized I can handle crisis very well, can navigate through rough times and bring everyone together towards a better solution.

So when the series was announced this year I offered to help and yesterday was the last session. We have met a few times over Zoom, but we got to meet everyone face to face yesterday. My day off was well spent. Met a lot of people from all the regions, old friendships were  revived and new connections were formed.


From our hotel staff to the server at the breakfast, the bus driver, the security guys at the statehouse, the tour guide, the group, the lunch hotel, their food staff there made a sunny and beautiful day just perfect. We got back , got ready for dinner and then spent the evening chatting and joking and having some drinks. I could convinced Mr husband to join me for a sleepover. Sometimes we just need this kind of a last minute adventure to spice up the life. 

My heart is full and for a change I will let the pictures do the talking. 


Somewhere in Boston Commons 

In front of State House

Before we headed out to Boston 
Nothing stops us from fighting for our children and having fun :) @Boston Commons. 
Our wonderful Server April
Staycation kind of day
Lunch at Carrie Nations in Boston
This group of parents did something unusual. Due a misunderstand their bus didnt show up, in the middle of this crisis 5 parents decided they will drive everyone to the city. Imagine the rush to move car seats, cleaning and soon they  were on the road. We find ways to get things done - IF we make our mind.
Our toUR guide - Ben
Parents from 4 regions -  
Some of the moms got the bangles and they totally rocked it
somewhere in the State house

With Lauri - One of my mentor in disability world.

Dinner after Boston - we were well fed and served by April

No comments:

Post a Comment