Thursday, April 14, 2022

When do you give up? Or just stop trying? What it takes to restart again?

 While talking to a mom she mentioned she spends more than hour and half on commuting one way. Just because she doesn’t drive. The drive could be just 40 minutes one way. Before that she was talking how overwhelming it is to go to work few times a week and how everything at home is keeping her busy.

Taking care of kids, therapies, household and then full time work can be daunting but on top of that spending extra time on commute is just another matter.

While I nudged her little more I heard her story, how she failed the test, how she had an accident and now her anxiety takes over every time she tries. She is terrified of failure, people making fun or just simple “what ifs” - accidents  I tried my best to convince her but there is more to this than meet the eyes. I told her she is not alone, there are many who go through the same. I didn’t need to tell her how difficult it is to live without driving, she lives this nightmare everyday but couldn’t gather courage to do otherwise.

I know there are few moms in Our Desi Moms Network who are going through this phase. I so wish I could help them and I try. I tell them how I had my first accident when I was driving with my father, he still has scar on his face. How he made me drive again so I wont slip in again.

I am thinking of introducing these moms to each other and connecting them so collectively they can motivate each other. 

What do you do? When some incidents take over your life? How do you start? What motivates you?


Our driveway - My morning walks are fun for this very reason. The sun inspire me, motivates me because on the same driveway I see it set every evening too ( Our house is east/west facing)







Spring is here 

Saree speak Bday celebration in Boston, MA

It was a rainy/drizzly Thursday here in Boston but that didn’t stop 10 ladies to meet and celebrate. We ate, drank, chatted and  talked more :) Many of us would have never crossed path if not for Saree Speak. #Gratitude  

Women who support, nudge, push, encourage each other. and keep each other grounded too if needed.






No comments:

Post a Comment