Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Are you a brand conscious person. Do you buy stuff for fun, for passion, for money, for status?

 This month’s music get together was memorable. It was fun and musical as always but this time I could convince few of the moms from Moms Network to get out and enjoy some music. We were 5 of us there, one of them brought her mom in law too. It was really wonderful. Convincing them to leave their usual life routine and kids for a few hours and enjoying their grownup time was a big deal. In the end they all had fun and decided to come back again next time.

One of them walked in and handed me a box, a gift for my bday she said. I looked at the box and asked her what it was. She was just shocked, you don’t know? It’s a handbag from Furla. I was like no - I don’t. I am not one of those woman. She joked - well now you are. Interestingly that morning one of the mom came to visit me and got me a Jamdani Saree as a gift. Well, I am that kind of brand woman. Would have never said no to that kind of “brand love”.

The incident made me think. What should I do? Give her the purse back? So she can give it to someone who enjoys it more than me? I carry a mens wallet, seriously. My wallet can fit into jeans pocket, my jacket pocket without much fuss. When I offered her the bag back she laughed and said I have to start using this now. I am grateful for the love, I really am but it got me thinking. I try to imagine what was going on in her mind while shopping. 


A gift is a gift, representing love and respect. So I will accept it with the same love. But again wanted to ask you - what is your measurement or standard for buying a gift for someone. And also what is your “brand” :) 


The gift -Number 1 - Gift of love and  admiration 
Gift - 2 Another form of love, appreciation and respect  
Gift -3 Sweet kind of gift :) Royal Nassau rum cake - one of the best cake I have ever eaten, One of the mom for me from her recent Caribbean vacation


No comments:

Post a Comment