Saturday, April 30, 2022

Changes are inevitable- how do you adjust to the new reality

 "How come you don’t write about Anand anymore, she asked. I loved reading about your journey, but now I find everyone but Anand in your write ups"

This was a genuine question and I didn’t know what to say. Simply said I don’t have much idea about Anand’s life  right now, as we get to see him on Zoom once a week for 30 minutes and hear what is he doing there. And it’s usually the same as last week. Once in a while he texts about movies, places to visit but nothing personal.

It’s the same with Ajey, I get to hear things in bits and pieces and it is hard to admit but I really have no idea about my kid’s day to day life.

Ajey does call, visits home often and shares things but it’s different from having them home. I do miss being part of their everyday life but I think that is a natural course of life.

My stories these days have become stories of people around me, my today life or things I encounter. It may not be all about special needs, or familes in that circle but again that is the idea about writing, about everything. It’s about building your village and having people in your life from every walk of life.

This Saree story is about my local village in the literal form :) yes Franklin is a suburb of MA. I started building this community 18 yrs ago with the idea of us Desis (Indians) coming together to celebrate our culture and find that connection. It has been a fun journey so far. 26 of us met in a local restaurant and  enjoyed food, fun and laughter. So many met for the first time, connected and took one step forward in building their village. Hope to have many such gatherings.

Our call with Ajey, talking about his upcoming move to another apartment 


No comments:

Post a Comment