Monday, April 25, 2022

When do you really have to validate your emotions and it’s okay to feel that way

This weekend I was all over the place :) physically and emotionally.  Friday was very well spent with music. I took a friend as my plus one, who saw this kind of rowdy get together for the first time :) #Buildingyourvillage to another level.


Saturday was spent with my first born and a lunch with another family friend, where you don’t have to pretend and can be yourself. Food galore and mind stimulation and comfort of friendship with some music that’s how I can describe my afternoon. Wish I had remembered to take some pictures. 

That evening something just didn’t sit right, my allergies are flaring up and I have been coughing for a couple of weeks and it didn’t help either. It’s really strange how a phone conversation, a text message and something silly have an ability to ruin everything in a matter of few minutes. Sometimes talking to Mr Husband doesn’t help either. I believe in going and doing out of the way philosophy and he believes in limits. He exactly know his boundaries and stays within it. 

Yesterday finally I could verbalized what was bothering me to a friend. And I am so glad I talked to her and not to Mr Husband. Instead of listening to his “Don’t overdo and don’t expect reciprocation and be happy” I heard validation of my feelings. She assured that it was okay to expect and feel disappointed if expectations are not met. But not sit on it forever and move on the next day. I think I needed that reminder. 


Do you feel that way too? Is validation of emotions important to you? Do you  sometimes just want someone to hear you out?

Do you have that judgement free zone in your friendship?


#handloom #sareesofinstagram #KOSA #Lovehandloom #pactandbeyond #100sareepact #sareesofinstagram #Gratitude #desiMomsNetwork #MomLovesAnand #Buildyourvillage #Sareespeak #Sareestories 


The sunset on Friday was magical, A fabulous company and intriguing conversation on a long car drive, music and amazing food and great friends. that was my Friday. a contemporary kosa from my home state 

 वो ना होगा तो क्या कमी होगी

बस अधूरी सी ज़िंदगी होगी

Saturday morning saga deserves a post on its own. This kid is a reminder of so many amazing things in life. His mom was a kid when I met her and one of those first kids who called me Auntie, I was expecting Ajey when I met them and today I held her kid - deja vu



No comments:

Post a Comment