Monday, April 19, 2021

And It's a wrap - Big 50 and my gratitude posts - 50 of them - Thank you to each one of you.

Today marks the end of “50 days of gratitude” journey. I am thankful beyond words. I started this on March 1st. The big 50 month. COVID changed what celebration really means and also what should we even celebrate. I was looking forward to it in a way but have never been a big party, surprise or big gift person. I always believed in “small happiness”. I know how fortunate I am and I needed to document it. Hence the Birthday month gratitude counting. It was an impulsive decision directed by emotion and hunch as most of mine are driven by. 


I would like to thank each one of you for reading, commenting and messaging. All those direct messages and calls about these posts are heart warming. Many of you said you could relate to them and promised to start a gratitude journal. I am looking forward to reading yours.

I am grateful beyond means for all of you who came into my life and trust me - I learnt something from each of you. Every relationship I built, nurtured, formed, initiated and moved on taught me some very valuable lessons. In all these posts I reveal myself to be strong yet weak and delicate, stubborn and but gullible too, happy and sad, fresh, chirpy and sometimes a grumpy woman - these 50 posts are exactly who I am.


My day started with a beautiful sunrise, a walk and then a fabulous breakfast by the chef of the house. Then came a call from a mother explaining her situation in the temple. She is trying to find a balance for where and when to advocate for her son. Today in our conversation I hope I inspired her to choose to stand beside her son and not hesitate to do so, be his strength and not consider “what will people think” , to accept who he is. 


Today marks my parents 53rd wedding anniversary. What a day to celebrate many things in life. A zoom call with just the immediate family was amazing. I wish I could take  all “15” of us in a frame. They really are something, with so much going on all around, my mother’s smile has the power to calm things down around us. Plus she really is the lowest maintaince person I know , happy daughters is all she wants and yes a beautiful cotton saree from my sister and a lot of jasmine flowers from another sister’s garden on her hair helped too.


Anand made an attempt to do his final project and that is the biggest takeaway for today. The resistance to complete it has been going on for days and his mood was really fluctuating because of this stress. I wish I could help. I am thankful to Dr Aspel ( Anand’s therapist)  and dear dad for this progress.

This evening Mr Pandey agreed to go for a walk. A trail I have been meaning to go on for years and I wonder why I didn’t do it before. A 2 mile walk with the man really was wonderful. I am looking forward to having a few more of these opportunities. People who don’t know, he is not much of a “walker.”


As I type this I can hear Anand talking to his dad about his project, smell the freshly made meatballs in the kitchen and look out to a beautiful evening from my window. I am going to miss writing my gratitude posts every night but will cherish the memories.  I want to thank each one of you for being part of my journey.

 

A joot cotton saree, one of my fav, for the family zoom call 








1 comment: