Sunday, April 4, 2021

Autism Awareness day April 2, 2021 - Tell me you are there for us

Written on 4/2

Pandemic became the reason our world fell apart but again it brought the whole world closer too.

I woke up with my walls and WhatsApp filled with “wear blue for April 2nd” pictures. 

I have been working on raising Autism awareness for years but 2015 changed my life and course of action. I wore a Saree  on April 2nd, 2015 and felt so liberated after writing my first Autism Story on Facebook . Since then the #100SareePact-ers have been my biggest strength.

Soon after, my sarees became my voice here in United States and my blue sarees became the identity of my Autism Awareness and acceptance journey.

This year was busier than ever, with a very active social media due to the Pandemic, Desi Moms Network and overall support for our children and it has been a busy week.

My day started early as I was part of an Instagram Live event . Punarjeevana’s Dr. Hemalata Jain had very interesting questions about my 3 loves. Please watch when you get time. Saree, Music and Autism Awareness - 3 things I talked about and wondered how News Anchors seem so put together at that early hour. 7 AM in the morning, I did look put together with saree on but I know what was going on behind the scene.

Soon after it was time for a group zoom call and another facebook live event for a conversation with experts and parents for a different Saree group I am a part of. I had exactly  5 minutes for a break before it started at 7.30 AM  and before I knew it, it was 9.30 AM :). I finally managed to get a picture after everything was done.

My phone was buzzing with pictures from family and friends. It was a day to “wear blue to show you care” and

I am grateful to everyone who supported us however they could. Blue or no blue I know you have my back.

With all that was going on I still managed to connect two more moms today and just like that they went from 0 to 200+ plus friends. Small steps in creating a better world for everyone.

Please be kind and support those who need your compassion and empathy.

I still have to go through messages , Texts and emails. Please know my heart is full of gratitude. #DesiMomsNetwork #momlovesanand  






The link for my Insta chat - spend 20 mins to know more about Jaya :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment