Wednesday, April 7, 2021

They are Moms, wives, friends and Doctors - and human too

 Desi Moms Network was born with an agenda - be the friend, have a friend. Build your village and your child’s too.

I am brining them together, what they do from there is their call. I can just initiate but opening their heart and world to someone is their choice. I have seen the growth in friendship and in a person too. It’s very heartwarming to see people smiling, laughing and talking happily when together.

March had been a busy month, I added so many new moms and started the global Desi Moms Network. 

I posted on “Autism Moms of MA” on March 4th about my group and two of the moms responded. They both are doctors. As I write this, I cannot believe that I have known them for only a month . One of them lives far away from the rest of us here . She in a way nudged me to think differently about health care professionals. It’s a very soul satisfying feeling when you know they are opening their heart and soul to you without knowing you or having ever met you. In our conversation I could sense how lonely she felt, how alone she was.


Last week I decided to make a sub group of Desi Moms Network ( March 25th) - All the healthcare Professionals . I couldn’t believe the group grew overnight. There are 17 members in that group. If you remove yours truly still there are 16 who are doctors, Dentists, a Nurse and a mental health provider. I was shocked. These moms were more excited than I could imagine. One of them offered to host and before we knew it a date was set for a get together. Not even 10 days and the group met this Sunday. 9 out of 16 made time, left family behind and drove to Needham to meet others who are in the same shoes. 


I sat there listening to their stories and struggles , watching them in awe and thinking how amazing they were. I could see the vulnerable moms as well as concerned doctors in them too. Their struggle during COVID time is real and scarier than you and I can even imagine. Coming back home from the hospital knowing very well how dangerous the virus is, seeing people die, seeing their colleagues falling sick. Not being able to hug their kids and spouses and living with the anxiety of the unknown. Many of them are married to doctors too so their household is in double jeopardy. Even seeing them together, discussing their life circumstances, their work experiences and connecting with each other was one of the most gratifying experience of my life.


These 9 had never met before, didn’t know each other. I was the only connection they had but after two hours all of them went home with smiles on their faces , warmth in their hearts and a promise to meet again and soon. The thank you messages are overwhelming. If you have health care professionals in your circle, please be kind to them, be there for them and help them in any way you can. Their journey is a lot harder than you and I will ever know.💙






No comments:

Post a Comment