Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A fun and torture weekend for Anand?



Thanksgiving weekend is all about food and shopping fun for everyone.For us it was lot more than food and shopping. Wednesday was a Nutcracker fun day. Anand absolutely loved it and want to go again. But getting him ready was a ride. From my boss to my bonus money and company wants to do it and what not.. but finally it all ended great. He came back home happy.
It always has been my way of pushing him for things every other kid would do. Sometimes it does back fire and I feel bad about it but these are the occasions when I feel I am doing OK.. I do need to take my chances and see how it goes.
The next day I pushed another button – Take Anand to a wedding, an Indian Wedding. I didn’t want him to miss on something special than our everyday life.
I went there first and noticed that it will be over crowded for him. There were around 400 guests. But I still wanted him to be there.. when Anand came with Ashish and AJ  it was obvious he was done with the place within minutes, . He wanted food. Off course that was the biggest catch for my growing boys. Thank goodness for the waitress she could get a piece of Pizza for him and he was happy.
then bride came in Palanquin, Everyone was clapping and having fun and it was sensory overload for him so I settled him in another area ( next to the wedding place) with my iPhone ( Steve Job, I love you even more). It was heart breaking that my son was sitting alone somehwere.. The wedding ceremony lasted for an hour and he spend that hour with Mario. Three of us could be part of Ami’s big day and Anand spend his time in next room.. But later I thought atleast he was there and enjoyed the grand dinner with all of us. As of now I feel good about it that atleast . He didn’t enjoy as much I did but atleast we could stay the whole 2+ hours.. and that is HUGE..
So I will keep pushing him, worry about what will happen next but still keep taking (dragging???) him everywhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment