Thursday, November 22, 2012

Money really matters.



This thanksgiving I think I have one very good reason to be thankful for – my job..
The way I am promising money to Anand I better have my job..
I wrote about my bribe for The Nutcracker Show.. Today one of my friend mentioned that the cinema halls will be empty why not go to movie.. We decided in a spur of a moment. So when I asked everyone about movie "life of Pi"– Anand’s first response was NO – as we knew it. But I decided to play my trick.. I asked how if I buy you the game you wanted. I promised you my bonus money but I get bonus in March.. So lets go to movie and I will buy you the game on Black Friday sale. Poor kid, he just had no choice.. Ok mom, I will come BUT will not watch the previews..
He doesn’t like the MGM lion’s roars. And we don’t know if they have any MGM previews. I knew it was a no win fight so we agreed that he will be out of the door and will come in when the movie begins. 
Ashish and I have decided not to use money for house chores. We have decided that house chores are everyone’s responsibility and we share it so no one gets paid to do stuff around the house. But I discovered that bribing of these kind are not a sign of bad parenting :)
Ashish just joked that I will go bankrupt soon.
So finally within 30 minutes we all were on our way to the Cinema Hall. It was quite, perfect for us.
Ashish and Ajey went and took the seat and Anand and I decided to walk around. We saw few posters and talked about the movie. I didn’t knew much either but gave him an idea that movie is about a kid and a tiger from India.
Finally we went in when movie began. I was just happy that he was sitting next to me and watching. He had to keep his hands to his ears many times but he did watch the whole movie.  It feels great that we could watch a movie without any meltdown or fight. Thank goodness for the video game..
It felt great, gave a sense of normallcy to watch the movie with him. Felt great that he had another experience today and he is growing up..
I will sure buy him a game soon but now I am thinking.. I should just delay one day and give a try for Sky Fall.. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment