Friday, November 2, 2012

Celebrating “you are the best cook ever”..



When you have kids on spectrum, routine and structure is the only choice you have. They want to go to same place, eat the same food. You can say everything should be predictable. That is one of the hardest things my family and I struggle with. I like to try everything, food, place or anything fun. It’s my philosophy that change will keep you happy and entertained. Well, I needed an updated version of this philosophy and include "sameness" in life. I have always been creative when it comes to cooking and poor my guys, they tolerated and learnt over the years that they have no way around it. So as long as I have some fish, plain rice, chhole, dal, roti, pasta, noodles and few other variations Anand is happy.
When I have to go out and leave the boys home “meat sauce” and chhole-roti or fish roti is my safest bet.
Thursday is my school night so I left home with hot fish on pan. When I get back he was already in bed asleep. He is dad’s son every morning, But Ashish needed some extra sleep so I took over the morning job. When I went to wake him up, I was expecting the question - where is dad ? But what I got was- mom you are the best cook ever. I thought he must have been dreaming about something but apparently the fish was very good. Here I am thinking of the whole process, I didn’t have time to cook tomatoes for curry so I used the spicy pasta sauce for base.. and my son LOVED it..
Well if I can feed him fish curry made in pasta sauce and get the compliment, hell yah I don’t care what the food critics say ..I am the “bestest” cook ever..

No comments:

Post a Comment