Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The power of Music and Dance -



When I got an email about complimentary tickets for Nutcracker dress rehearsal last month, I wondered how would it go. I always believed in giving my kids every experience atleast once, they can choose after that if they like it or not. Ajey was excited and Ashish was skeptical.
Last week finally I told Anand that we are going to see Nutcracker and company gave me the tickets and if we don’t go and behave well I will loose my bonus. ( I am so glad my boss doesnt know about my blog) I promised that I will give him a share of my bonus.. Mind that - this kid has no idea what Nut Cracker is all about. I just explained that it’s a musical show. Thank goodness for money, he agreed.
Everyday we talked about how important the good behavior is when you meet people mom and dad work with, why we need to wear the good clothes or cannot shout or scream. I tried my best to prepare him but was worried how will all this work out.

Finally the day was here.. Last night we sat and talked. All he cared about my bonus money and what will he buy with that. Whatever works was my mantra..
This morning we all got ready, I gave him a button down shirt ( he doesnt like it) and he did wear it. We left home and I read the synopsis on the way. We talked little bit about it, I wasn’t sure how much he got out of it.
We reached there and I was relieved that it wasn’t a busy place. It was a dress rehearsal and reception just for State Street families. Tons of cookies and cake, he was happy. He met everyone nicely, talked and behaved very well.
Then he found his friend Bear and Mouse.. For a change my son asked for a picture.. And then we went in for the show. We got the front row- awesome, perfect volume – wonderful.. The show began and my son was in some other world. I enjoyed watching him more than the show. I checked couple of times he was just ecstatic. Ajey and Anand both are musical kids. I was sure Ajey will enjoy it but was worried about Anand. During break he couldn’t stop smiling. He watched the whole show without asking anything. I agree those dancers were great but if they could make my son sit and watch and enjoy… they were incredible.
The ride back home he was very quiet, didn’t say much. I cannot wait for morning to talk to him about it. I am so happy. I am glad I tried and my baby surprised me again.




No comments:

Post a Comment