Thursday, October 21, 2021

A day could be fun and have so much more

 An invite to join a Global Inclusion and diversity event was so exciting. Being in office after 19 months for something fun. It was socially distant with masked mandate event.

I was invited for a panel discussion two weeks ago and same team invited me for a breakfast session today. It was an exciting opportunity and today weather decided to be its best. A sunny day in 70s in the month of Oct.

Mr Husband took a day off and offered to drive me to the city. I was in the event for an hour and half and he drove/walked around the city while waiting for me to get done.

The event was remarkable I wish I could write about it on a public forum.

After the event the empty nester us just painted the town red. We had some ideas as to what we wanted to do but no set plans. Went to a Chilean place for lunch ( memories of 99 when I ate Chilean food for the first time, I ate there often) went to Castle Island, walked around, listen to Ghazals sitting by the beach, went to a brewery for a beer tasting, walked around North End , got the local Pizza, and had some coffee and Tiramisu, went to see our first born then ate some local sandwich and went to a park in his town to hangout.

It was a 12 hour day, long and tiring but very refreshing at the same time. Our life has changed so much. We couldn’t have done it before. Something you cannot imagine unless you live through it.

Not that I don’t miss my boys but at the same time I feel liberated too. Mr. Husband is doing much better than I thought, he is actually participating in my crazy ideas. 

Today I had dinner with my first born and tomorrow is the day to have lunch with Anand.

Its the parent weekend in CIP, Lee. 

I will be seeing my boy after two months and I am so looking forward to this.

I wore a saree gifted by dear sister and Brother in law. They were in Udupi for vacation and bought a saree for me :) one from the " 50 sarees of 50th year" :) 

view from 36th floor 
Lunch by the bay 
Looks like everyone was thinking the same 
Harpoon Brewery in Seaport Boston. Pre Bday celebration 
Modern Pastry in North End.  totally forgot to take pic of amazing Tiramisu 
This man was making movie for those droplets I decided to take his pic and then idea of playing with water hit my head, later I realized I should have taken my shoes/ socks out :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment