Saturday, October 9, 2021

A different perspective - what would you do differently ?

 So if you have read the previous post you know I was part of a panel discussion about raising children in multicultural society.

One question was “How does culture affects your relationship with your family members”

That made me think - I was always a think out of the box person and believed in the power of words. I can have difficult conversations as well. More than anything I learn from people around me and adopt their ideas and philosophy. 

I think I have become More open and adoptive to new ideas sometimes because of the exposure I have through friends.

That discussion sure made me think - what worked for us as a family and there are things I would change if I could do that all over again.

Eating together as a family was something I grew up with so it was a norm for us. No phone, no book, no TV, just food and us..

I come from a religious family and evening used to be a prayer time.I always thought it was religious so the rebel in me didn’t want to do anything. My husband doesn't believe in religion and many of those traditions didn't make sense to me either so those were the first to let go. But now I miss that, meditation and prayers are not about religion, it's about traditions.

The cotton saree on a beautiful crisp fall day, took half a day off, went to see a “younger” friend to give some “gyan” (wisdom) and then another friend who has seen the world more than me to get some “gyan” :) The benefit of having a diverse set of friend circle. To give you an idea one was 15 yrs younger than me and other had those many years to add to her experience :) A Korvai Kora cotton - a gift from a friend








No comments:

Post a Comment