Monday, October 18, 2021

A pledge for me, you and everyone - lets make it a norm

 While recording a pledge for an organization a question kept popping in my head. Why do we have to say these things our loud , should they not part of our philosophy, ingrained in our lifestyle,  should they not be the norm in the society?

As part of an amazing effort I am so proud but at the same time I wonder how come we are here in this century too.

The year 2020 and 2021 brought a whole new dimension to ethics and norm of a society.

 Do you question your core value and do you ever question your “norm”? Or rather do you confront yourself?

By the way if you are wondering what did I pledge to, I hope you do the same. - here they are for you to remember.


  1. Confront racism, inequity, hate, violence, and structural elements of society that harm, diminish, or devalue others due to characteristics over which they have no control.
  1. Contribute to a workplace that creates a community that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion of all people.
  1. Monitor myself for instances of unconscious bias which may interfere with fulfilling the other elements of this pledge.
  1. Promote causes that support people who are undervalued or marginalized by society. 


A beautiful linen for a beautiful fall day. PC dear husband, a reluctant photographer. I shouldn’t be complaining but I do miss my first born for this very reason. 



6 AM flight from Bangalore to Raipur This was a sight 


No comments:

Post a Comment