Wednesday, October 20, 2021

What is ishq for you and what is romance for you?

I remember the conversation with a dear friend who had very clear thought that When two people really care about each other, they will always look for a way to make it work, no matter how hard it is. Some times you don't really have to say "I Love you" all the time. There are a million different ways to express that. "Put your seat belt on", "get some rest or go put your feet up on the couch", or as simple as "go sit and I will get you the food". I guess you just gotta listen, they all mean "I love you" in some way.

But seriously its all in the mind, what works for you? what is your definition of romance?


The boys are not home anymore so life is little easier in a way, (New moms  out there - listen to me - your time will come :) A simple meal can be a fancy outdoor meal in no time.  We both could just get ready and be out for a quick bite without thinking too much. 

Someday we just sit outside enjoying the sun and the moon and fall breeze. The simple lunch can be fun.


A Sunday morning lunch with husband was divine then I drove to an event, a music and poetry event in one of my favorite Saree. I wasn’t even doing anything on stage this time.. Got to meet some friends who really make me feel loved. I was in “home” state of mind.

Now to think of it- it was the color of the saree driving my mood. The brightest saree in the crowd :) 

रोज़ तारों को नुमाइश में ख़लल पड़ता है 

चाँद पागल है अँधेरे में निकल पड़ता है 

उस की याद आई है साँसो ज़रा आहिस्ता चलो 

धड़कनों से भी इबादत में ख़लल पड़ता है 

-राहत इंदौरी









A quick date - A local Indian restaurant

 The "in home" date - My plate has Sushi from Whole food, Corn, Kababs and Salad from Mr Husband's kitchen. My fav kind of plate and even better when served with a nice wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment