Saturday, October 9, 2021

How do you deal with your FOMO

"The fear of missing out" refers to the feeling or perception that others are having more fun

What drives you? What pushes you?

In last few years the party hoping has become a norm, Social Media has made the simple meets something else. A simple tea or chit chat meets are not possible now, social media has made everything so big. 

Sometimes it forces you to change your priorities. One has to be there even it means juggling too many things at once. I noticed that everyone rushes to RSVP as soon as something is scheduled and then drop out closer to the date. We want everything on our calendar and then drop it if something more interesting comes along.


I went for a saree meet and noticed how busy everyone was, people either were coming from somewhere or going somewhere. I did the same, went to do a Golu visit after the saree meet.


I was dealing with my own FOMO, It was Oct 10th in India, Jagjit Singh’s death anniversary and some of his fans and associates were meeting in Udaipur. They are those whom I never met but they hold a special place in my heart. They are the one I feel so home with when it comes to my craziness for the man. I was driving to the Saree meet and all I wanted was to be with some of those people and listen to JS and not do anything. 

I was among Saree lovers and then I went to see some of the moms, a big part of my village but was I there 100%? 


What do you do? Do you party hop? Do you say no to an invite then regret it? Do you look forward to seeing the picture if somehow you missed it, Is it hard to say no to an invite ? 

Do you have to be part of every party? 




The rush for the party? :) no - just a perfect back pose, PC - yours truly  

किसी के वास्ते राहें कहाँ बदलती हैं 

Drive back home was something else not just the drive. I was taking the pic of the signal and this car just photobombed it. Between Lexington to Natick

उन्हीं रास्तों ने जिन पर कभी तुम थे साथ मेरे  मुझे रोक रोक पूछा तिरा हम-सफ़र कहाँ है 




No comments:

Post a Comment