Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Do you introduce your friends to other friends?

I have talked about building your village here so often that I don’t have to repeat my philosophy again. Today I want to talk about how to build your village or maybe one of the many ways of building the village. But before that I want to ask you a question that I have been asked multiple times.

How do you feel when you introduce someone to your other friend, and they become close friends?

My saree is a reminder of those questions. Today my heart is full writing about this.

My different villages come together once a while. This was one of those incidents. I connected one of my saree friends to one of the moms from the Desi Moms Network. Somehow I had this feeling that they both will be good for each other. They both are young moms with different kinds of lives but they both needed friends. 

They have been talking for a few months now and decided to meet. One family drove over 200 miles to spend a long weekend with another family. Both the husbands were very supportive and decided to follow their wives’ lead.


I was there with them for a day and had so much fun seeing all 4 kids and the 4 grown ups together. I am really happy for them, that they are building their village. Seeing these two women together - cooking, cleaning, chatting, laughing and just having good time remains the highlight of the weekend for me. They are grateful to whatever I did and they keep mentioning it but for me it is not about that its about paying it forward and I am sure they will do the same. They will introduce their friends to other friends. 

I spent another day with them and took Mr husband with me too, I usually don’t “include” him in my village but this time I needed him. The girls needed to meet my rock and support. And I wasn’t wrong again - he charmed everyone but it was the baby, a year old girl who was just happy having him around.  


A silk saree for a musical get together. After spending a day with them I drove to have fun with another village, my musical village. Recited Jagjit Singh, had some fun and drove back home living those moments again. 




On their way back home stopped at our place, It was strange to see them without those other two girls. These guys have stolen my heart. I am sure I will get to see them soon

Recited Jagjit Singh from album "A Milesone"
सदमा तो है मुझे भी कि तुझसे जुदा हूँ मैं लेकिन ये सोचता हूँ कि अब तेरा क्या हूँ मैं
बिखरा पड़ा है तेरे ही घर में तेरा वजूद बेकार महफ़िलों में तुझे ढूँढता हूँ मैं
किस-किसका नाम लाऊँ ज़बाँ पर कि तेरे साथ हर रोज़ एक शख़्स नया देखता हूँ मैं
ले मेरे तजुर्बों से सबक ऐ मेरे रक़ीब दो चार साल उम्र में तुझसे बड़ा हूँ मैं
पहुँचा जो तेरे दर पे तो महसूस ये हुआ. लम्बी सी एक क़तार में जैसे खड़ा हूँ मैं
जागा हुआ ज़मीर वो आईना है ‘क़तील’. सोने से पहले रोज़ जिसे देखता हूं मैं
ना जाने किस अदा से लिया तूने मेरा नाम. दुनिया समझ रही है के सब कुछ तेरा हूं मैं
  • क़तील शिफ़ाई



No comments:

Post a Comment